2 lbs Chicken Breast
1/ 2 cup Soy Sauce
3 tablespoons Cornstarch
2 egg whites
2 cups Chicken Stock
1/3 cup Hoison Sauce
1/3 cup low sodium Soy Sauce
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
1/4 cup Rice Wine Vinegar
2 teaspoons Sirachia Sauce
1 tablespoon minced garlc
1 tablespoon ginger
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup cornstarch
2 tablepoons sesame seeds
Garnish: 3 green onions sliced
1. Cut chicken into small 1/2 inch pieces
2. Add the soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, egg white and cornstarch , set aside to marinate.
3 Assemble ingredients for the sauce.
4. Heat oil on medium heat in wok or large skillet. Fry the ginger and garlic till you can smell the nice aroma.
5. Add the ingredients for the sauce and bring to a simmer. Cook until thickened. Reserve for later , clean pan for chicken.
6.Heat wok or large skillet again and add 1/4 cup oil to medium.
7. Add 1/2 cup cornstarch and a tablespoon of sesame seed in a pan. Bread about 12 pieces lightly in the mix to coat.
Add carefully about 8 pieces of chicken at a time in the skillet and cook turning when needed till done. Reserve chicken to a container.
Repeat with remaining chicken then coat with the sauce just enough to moisten well. Serve remaining sauce on side.
The traditional side to serve with General Tso’s is Broccoli florets and steamed rice. However I served this with stir fried vegetables.